Are you a dog owner? Do you need legal help from experts in this complicated and niche area of law? We specialise in advising dog owners in both criminal and civil cases and cover the whole of England & Wales.
Has your dog injured someone?
Don’t delay — contact us now. For help with defending cases under Section 3 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or Section 2 of the Dogs Act 1871 there are two ways to get in touch with us:-
- Phone us on 01227 811988. If your call can’t be answered immediately please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can.
- Alternatively email us the details and we will phone you.
We will provide you with preliminary legal advice. This is a FREE service. You can decide if you would like to instruct us to represent you in the proceedings.
Is your dog accused of being a Pit Bull Terrier type?
There are details on this website in the FAQ section which sets out the basis of these cases under Section 1 or 4B of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. If you would like to instruct us to represent you in the proceedings please phone us on 01227 811988.
For all other dog related legal queries
We offer a telephone advice service on 0906 515 1108. The advice is provided by Trevor Cooper (Solicitor) or Nik Starmer-Smith (Caseworker). This is a premium rate line and calls cost £1.55 per minute plus telephone company access charge. The line is generally available during normal office hours Monday to Friday. The kind of cases that we can advise on include:-
- Ownership / access disputes
- Disputes between breeders and buyers
- Disputes between rescues and owners / former owners
- Defending personal injury claims
- Damages claims (dog on dog, dog on other animal, or dog damaging property)
- Claims against vets
Click here for terms and conditions.